Below is a sample Position Statement where the father states what he will state in court in general terms.
It takes experience to produce such a statement. This must be filed before the hearing and served on the other party(or parties), perhaps on the morning before court. It must fit on a single side A4 and include the case number and the Applicant and respondent’s names.
Case: LV07P0XXXX Liverpool High Court (Family)
J Punch Applicant
M Judy Respondent
Father’s Position Statement for hearing 13th August 2008
- The mother’s interim residence is ill founded and was fraudulently obtained. The status quo that was presented to the court on affidavit was tantamount to perjury.
- L is being denied access to and knowledge of the entire paternal side of her family. Her psychological development is being stifled. Her identity development is flawed.
- The mother has shown only partial compliance to the court order for staying contact albeit under her supervision.
- L would much rather that the adults decide so that she is not held accountable by her mother for her decisions or indeed by her father.
- The father is seeking a clearly defined vision of what the perfect family life is for L.
- The father is seeking definite milestones that will take us from where we are now to that perfect family life that L should have.