Statistics on Children born 2012
From the Office for National Statistics
- In 2012, nearly half (49%) of all live births were to mothers aged 30 and over.
- In 2012, nearly two-thirds (65%) of fathers were aged 30 and over (excluding births registered solely by the mother).
- In 2012, the standardised average age of mothers for all births was 29.8 years.
- In 2012, for first births the standardised average age of mothers was 28.1 years.
- In 2012, 84% of babies were registered by parents who were married, in a civil partnership or cohabiting.
Full stats here